Financial and Professional Lines Technician
Are you a Financial and Professional Lines Technician looking for a new opportunity to thrive in an environment that is challenging yet highly rewarding?
Working as a Technician for GAWS of London offers a fantastic opportunity to become a key member of the technical team within our FinPro Department.
Key to success in this role will be your highly detailed and analytical technical approach as well as an unparalleled service ability. In addition, you are known for your excellent organisational skills, ability to think ahead and use your initiative.
Reporting to the Technical Director your main responsibilities will be to:
- Review, prepare and produce contracts, including wordings and endorsements, at all times ensuring compliance with London market processes and ensuring adherence to regulatory requirements.
- Correspond with clients and markets directly on any technical insurance related issues that could arise during the placement process.
- Use PPL to formally quote, bind and endorse placements. When outside of PPL, liaise directly with markets to formally quote, bind and endorse placements.
- Processing of premiums and generation of corresponding documentation, such as debit, credit and premium advice notes.
- Submission of LPANs via the Insurance Market Repository.
- Data input and data management within internal systems.
- Take ownership for the FinPro ledger and review it regularly so as to ensure that the credit controlling of clients and markets is performed on a regular basis.
- Ensure that at all times GAWS processes and procedures are adhered to by the FinPro team and that placements are completed in a compliant manner with regulatory requirements followed.
You will have a proven track record of strong technical performance, an excellent reputation across the FinPro spectrum and an insatiable appetite to assist the team in growing its portfolio. We’d like to hear from you if you have demonstrable experience of managing the placement process, applying judgement and taking responsibility for your decisions.
What you’ll get in return:
- Highly competitive salary and benefits package
- On the job training from expert professionals within the industry
- A willingness to be entrusted with a significant level of responsibility
- Commitment to personal development and opportunities for ambitious colleagues to make a real mark
GAWS of London Limited are committed to equal opportunities in employment.